Wednesday 1 January 2014

Merry Christmas!!
 
 
Christmas a good day with good food and good people. This was my first Christmas away from home and my first Christmas that I wasn't with my family. It felt different especially considering I am used to 35 degrees + on Christmas day, eating prawns and salad but this year its was all about snow and hot chocolate. There were no presents and no Christmas tree. The town of Fernie however reminded me that it was Christmas time as its decorations flooded the town and every store was playing Christmas tunes (the snow hill was also playing them).
Everyone pitched in to cook a big Christmas lunch. My contribution was stuffed mushrooms. It was my first time making them and they were a big hit with the crowd.
 
 
A few days later we took a road trip out to some natural hot springs.
 
The pools are hot water and the river below is freezing cold (isn't our planet amazing). It was great. So relaxing. There were quite a few locals there, I couldn't imagine having this a short distance from your home. I would definitely take full advantage of it (and it seemed they did).
 
 

 
Here I am in the water with Lee, Brent and Dan.

 
Apart from our little road trip, nothing much else has been happening. I've had lots of time to practise my snowboarding skills. Below is a video of me coming off the ski lift. Coming off the ski lift is actually harder than it looks and a lot of snowboarders fall over coming off so I was really proud when I made it to the bottom for the first time without falling over. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment