Saturday 25 January 2014

A night of Curling

 
 
Every Thursday night Fernie's curling club invites locals and visitors to enjoy the arena and play some curling. I've watched curling on TV before but I have never played. It seems like lawn bowls except played on the ice!

I can tell you that it is a lot harder than lawn bowls. You have to bend down onto your knees and push off from the feet platforms. Because it is so slippery, each time I pushed off I fell over! Even though I fell over it was such good fun!

I did a little bit of sweeping but that part was also hard and hurt my arms, so I gave up pretty quickly. The trick is that if you want the boulder to go faster, you sweep in front of it because the sweeping of the ice makes it even more slippery.

Check out my action shots.
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment